Tuesday, May 19, 2009

May I Brag For One Moment, Please?

Last Friday, Sarah's school called me to tell her that she'd be getting an award at the Awards Chapel today. My wonderful boss gave me the day off to attend but I elected to NOT tell Sarah as I wanted to surprise her.

I got to the school right on time and saw the kids going into the sanctuary at Shadow Mountain. I wait until they were mostly in and then I went in, hoping to not see Sarah before the ceremony. Well, that wasn't a problem at all as I found out the kids I saw were the high schoolers (I thought they looked older....) I was told that the junior highers were downstairs at the Mountain High Kids Club (lovingly referred to by the CJHS kids as the "Happy Building" as it's painted with bright and happy pictures for the little children who attend church at Shadow Mountain.)

I walked in and my luck ran out. Sarah saw me right away and looked at me from across the room with the most confused face. I could tell she was asking me why I was there and I just shrugged my shoulders, smiled and sat down.

I knew she was receiving an award for Drama but I didn't know that she was also getting one for Bible (most polite was the title of the character award - a funny designation but sweet!) Both these awards made me so proud - I was smiling so big that I think I hurt something! :-) But the best moment was yet to come.


Receiving her award for Drama from one of her most favorite teachers - her Honors English teacher, Mr. Tobin Wilkins!

The vice principal wanted to acknowledge those in the class who were on the Honor roll. The first group acknowledged were those who had a GPA of 3.5. These names were read in reverse alphabetical order. Sarah's name wasn't on the list so I thought maybe she had a 3.4. The next list of names were those who had a 4.0 or higher. These names were read in alphabetical order and Sarah's was the first one!!! Ryan and I are so stinkin' proud of her! I tease her that her dimples are what gets her good grades but I know the truth. My daughter is smart indeed!


Sarah standing with the 4.0 brainiacs!



4 comments:

  1. YAY Sarah - I am so so very proud of you!!!!!!

    Love - Khriste

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lorena ShindledeckerMay 20, 2009 at 6:25 AM

    Congratulations Sarah! I always new you where a star :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - You should be one proud Mama!! Congrats to Sarah :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so cool!! crangrats Sarah!

    ReplyDelete