Saturday, June 13, 2009

Scenes from our anniversary celebration...

We went to our favorite classy restaurant - Il Fornaio on Coronado. We had a seat by the window which gave us a lovely (albeit foggy) view of the downtown San Diego skyline.




For dinner, Ryan had the Lasagna Ferrarese (Pasta sheets layered with meat ragu, porcini mushrooms, parmesan and bechamel, baked in the oven) and a glass of Chianti. I had what I have every single time - someday I'll change but.... the Insalata del Fornaio and the Cappelacci di Zucca (Ravioli filled with butternut squash and walnuts; tomato sauce, brown butter, parmesan and crispy sage). Both meals were incredibly delicious!

We decided to splurge and have dessert. I had my favorite Tiramisù! Yummy!


Ryan had a deliciously simple dessert (he does NOT like fluffy desserts - give him an ice cream sundae and he's happy!) It's called Affogato al Caffè and it's Espresso poured over two scoops of vanilla gelato and topped with fresh whipped cream. Equally as yummy!


We went walking after dinner....



...and had a nice lady take our picture.


This is a picture of the sun setting over one of the Navy warships at North Island Naval Air Station, Coronado.


I could sit here all day....


I bought Ryan one of his favorite flavors of coffee...



and a gift card for Reed's Hobby Shop so he can get some more train supplies.



Continuing the coffee theme, Ryan bought me a gift card to the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf....



and a dozen red roses!

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what aonderful date! pretty roses, great sunset! great photos.
    Yes, we have woods. we have 43 acres of land. I take a 1 mile walk with my doggies every morning and every evening. Come on over!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that sounds so nice! Glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww, how sweet is that!! I'd love to try Ryans dessert, maybe I can have it made for me at my fave store, they have a gelato freezr right next to the coffee bar... hmmm...

    ReplyDelete