Thursday, June 18, 2009

So what really is "normal"?

I've worked long and hard to be "normal". My family was not normal. My likes and dislikes may not seem "normal" to the next person. And yet I've tried so hard to control my thoughts and actions so I can appear "normal". But is there such a thing? And really would we want everyone to be normal? Seems a bit boring to me. Some are afraid of thunderstorms, others love them. Some hate garlic, others put it on everything. Some like fantasy games, be it on-line or sports while others prefer to play board games. I'm a vegetarian - definitely NOT normal. I love Jesus Christ and think of Him as my best friend. Again, not normal to many. And the one thing I'm trying to get over - I love teddy bears and find great joy in being around them and taking fun pictures of them. There. I said it. And if someone comes along this blog or Facebook or Flickr and sees my pictures of teddy bears, they make think that I'm not normal. But what if I am and they're not? I've been told that I have a childlike personality (to clarify: not childish but childlike.) I've always thought that a compliment. I like to see things simply and I take great joy in making people happy. And really, once you're past 18 or so, what's the point of growing up anyway? I think it tends to lose its allure after a while.

So without further ado....some bear pictures I took today. You're free to love them or think me a freak. But I'm okay with that because my bears think that I am perfectly normal. And no, don't even say it! :-)



Lancelot wants to go outside



A beautiful day is calling!



Nora wants to a piece of the action too (that's her tail all a twitter in the foreground.)



I'm thinking of...avocados!



To the left is the STILL green bell pepper that's supposed to be YELLOW!



Alexander Bearington, a limited edition signed Boyds Bear

4 comments:

  1. I fully support your craziness or weirdness no matter what people call it :) i love you just the way you are I it is great you are into childlike things and that have a great positive attitude life. You always inspire me to look at life in a good light, and to ALWAYS look for the best in people before you judge.
    People should do what makes them most happy and if it is bears for you then I say you go MOM!!!I will be there right along with you :)
    This didn't come out exactly how I wanted with the right words, but these words are from the heart and I mean it mommy! : )

    Love you sooo much,
    Sarah :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pictures and cute bears! And who cares what other people think? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, GuacaMolly. I think your Daughter's statement speaks volumes of what "normal" is for you. I think it's a very good thing to have contrast. "Normal" different for everyone and truly, what is considered normal really? Society has traveled so far from what was originally considered the norm and will continued to evolve. So with that, I say, "Embrace your contrast!" Your family loves it, your friends do too and surely you can count me among them. :~) (((((hugs))))

    ReplyDelete
  4. If we were all alike, we would not do anything worthy of distinction; we would all be the same, think the same, act the same. It is our differences that give us our value. There is no one like you, plain and simple. Individuality is something that we are all born with whether we like it or not. I appreciate you and love your uniqueness!! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete