This is the infamous Jacaranda. Every year about this time, pretty much every block in the city of San Diego turns purple with Jacaranda (I think the founding fathers of San Diego got a really, really great deal on Jacarandas from the Franciscan Padres!)
Then you find purple flowers all across the sidewalk - well purple splotches after they're stepped on....
I'm 99% certain that this is a Cherry Blossom but to be safe, I'm just titling this one "Pretty Pink Flower"!
This one is entitled "Schmucks That Have To Go To Work". And lest you think me cruel, I'm usually one of those schmucks! :-P (And who knew that the word "schmucks" is not a spelling error on this Web site? Hmmm...) This is the view from the Cabrillo Bridge which is over the 163 Southbound, looking toward a very foggy downtown skyline. It's actually one of the prettiest freeways in San Diego - two lanes each way, with Balboa Park on either side and the San Diego Zoo on the East side.
This is a view from the bridge looking toward the Museum of Man its famous bell tower.
Okay this is not a sight you typically see - no people anywhere!
So Ryan says that the smaller tree is sticking its tounge (the branch toward the top) out at the bigger tree. Two Ents that are sharing a laugh, I guess!
The walkways have such lovely plants and trees!
again--- i wanna come to play with you in CA
ReplyDeleteoh wow, look at the city buildings. great photos. look so nice there!
ReplyDelete